Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Comparison and Contrast Essay


Chick-Fil-a Vs. McDonalds

We all have our favorite restaurant whether it is a fancy sit down or fast-food restaurant. Most Americans eat out at least four times a week.
Chick-fil-a was started by S. Truett Cathy, a strong Christian. He decided that all Chick-fil-a restaurants would be closed on Sundays. McDonald’s founder, Ray Kroc, was a Satanist. What the two restaurants are structured on is one thing they have in common.
I think Chick-fil-a‘s food is really good and never get tired of it. They have so many delicious options and it is much healthier than McDonald. McDonald just doesn’t have very many things on their menu that sound appetizing to me. 
My dad and I were in a hurry so we got dinner at Chick-fil-a. The employees had big smiles on their faces and bent over backward to take our order. We ordered our food and they said they would bring it to us. So my dad and I sat down at a table. About two minutes later an employee brought us our food. It was like we were at a sit down restaurant. Whereas with McDonald I feel like the employees don’t want to be there and ordering is just a process. They don’t seem to be as well trained as the employees at Chick-fil-a.  I went to McDonald’s with my dad before the big Hoggard vs. Laney football game and I asked for honey mustard with my kid’s meal, but they forgot to give it to me, so I had to go back. There were two registers open and five people wanting to order food. I went to one and asked for honey mustard again. I waited for about two minutes and still no one gave me honey mustard, so I went back to the table. My dad decided to go up.  He asked for the honey mustard and the employee stopped what she was doing and got one for my dad.
                Chick-fil-a and McDonalds are both very popular restaurants and we all like them for different reasons, but everyone has the freedom to choose their favorite place to eat out.   If I had to choose between the two, my choice would be Chick-fil-a hands down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment